Wednesday 17 November 2010

my DAD server

Data access driver I mean.

It’s a strange beast, so I thought that I write some things down about it.  Firstly you cannot start or stop it, so yeah…  That it a little weird.  Well, at least you cannot start and stop it from Server Manager.

You also don’t need to download a software component for it, it just seems to exist.

I installed BIP on OEL, which eventually installed to a path like:

/home/oracle/OraHome_1/oc4j_bi/j2ee/home/applications/xmlpserver/xmlpserver/WEB-INF/lib

The DAD install seems to bang a bunch of JAR files in the dir above, you can see this from the .properties file in the server manager agent directories.

I also think that this thing starts when you access it from BIP, i.e. when the jars are loaded into memory.  So you need to get all of the settings right first.

image

Once these are in, then you can test the connection.  If the test works, the SM will tell you DAD is working

Note also that you need to enter the tnsnames.ora details into the SM config for the application.

image

Then in BIP you can use the DAD connection for queries:

image

No comments: