I've been doing some more load testing using OATS and Linux machines.
This could be one of my last load tests using OATS, as this is not going to be supported going forward. This is a bit of a shame to me, as I've always been able to completely load test a JD Edwards implementation solo. From the database, web servers, application servers - everything! I know that we also had a couple of team members that had the same level of competence. It's nice when you can simulate a load on JDE and have complete confidence for go-live.
The site that I've been working on are looking to go-live on 9.2 and have not changed their platform. They run a pretty tight ship and are also running JDE on an ODA. I have lots of war stories, but this machine is a beast. 768GB of memory per node and all SSD makes it pretty hard to get things wrong to be honest... No wait, there are a million things to get wrong - but you have a lot of realestate.
So, back to the JDE content here. The load test is somewhat different, as we are comfortable with the platform and the throughput of the hardware. The load testing we want to do here is about stability and configuration. We have changed database to 19c, new weblogic, new Linux and of course tools and apps - so there is a lot of change - but we want to ensure that the basic hardware and database configuration is going to be okay, as we are confident in the platform.
To do this, I find the best testing is simple long running scripts hitting popular applications. So, lots of Sales order inquirys, item locations, pricing and more.
While running this load, I happened to get about 3% of sessions failing with a fairly strange error:
The HTTP error (12152) is: The server returned an invalid or unrecognized response
So, OATS is getting the server to respond, but the response is invalid. This is going to be a little harder to track down, because it's client side. and we don't get complete responses client side.