Thursday 2 October 2014

using OATs to monitor JD Edwards performance testing

OAT’s is cool, but you can make it uber cool.

For my load testing, I create a bunch of custom monitors to monitor what I want, for example:

· Number of batch jobs launched today

· Number of sales orders entered today

· Number of active processes in the database.

How, easy!!

select count(1) from svmap02.f986110 where jcsbmdate = (select max(jcsbmdate) 
from svmap02.f986110)

clip_image002

So now, when I do performance testing, I get to see the #of UBE’s submitted getting larger with my tests, therefore validating what is going on in the ERP.

So, easy to get this done with other tables too.

Remember that if you are doing business data tables, try and use the key and not scan the table too much with date queries.

There are many ways of doing this (sequence etc), but u might not want to use.

See now I have my own custom metrics that I can export and run anywhere.

clip_image004

Then, look at the great results:

clip_image002[4]

No comments: