Sunday 12 October 2014

The server is taking an excessive time to process your request

Classic message from the JD Edwards menus, very bizarre scenario.  We’ve been working on a go-live and we are starting to get this popup and message on the client machines.

clip_image002

We’ve completed load testing, UAT, SIT, 12 months of project and have not had this issue and it starts on go-live weekend.  Who would have thought.

I was lucky enough to have a client to myself with the error and looked into the iexplore developer options (which are nice and catching up with Chromes). I was able to determine a couple of things from this error / message. 

Firstly, it’s all local, it’s all .js related – this is a good thing.  At least I’ve not broken anything on the servers.  When enabling a network trace, there is no traffic when the message occurs.  I also get all of my menu’s not rendering properly, duplicating other menus, not appearing.  Very strange.

clip_image002[4]

I can also see that the problems seem to be in the dropdownMenu.js file, but why is this occurring now.

continueWaiting = confirm("The server is taking an excessive time to process your request.  Click \"OK\" to continue waiting.");
if (continueWaiting)

The only thing I can think of is that the website was “skinned” with new gifs / png’s yesterday and this is playing havoc with the local machine cache.  I deleted my temporary internet files and also told the browser to “Always download a new version of the page”, and the problem as gone away.


clip_image002[6]


Above is a timer profile snap of when the issue was occurring.


So this seems to have fixed it on my machine, but I don’t want to have to do this on every machine tomorrow.  I also notice that there is a macafee script plugin in iexplore, this concerns me a little too.


Watch this space!


BTW, this was a great page on oracle support ttps://support.oracle.com/epmos/faces/DocContentDisplay?_afrLoop=64490606605294&id=1267490.1&_afrWindowMode=0&_adf.ctrl-state=7c29aqr3i_446

No comments: