Tuesday 15 May 2012

Enterprise Manager 12c for JD Edwards

This is great.  We should all be using 12c to manage our technology, I know that I'm going to be from now on. This is undoubtedly the best management suite that I've had experience with.  Many of the management components are available for nothing (that's right, you heard me), and you need to pay for a number of the application extensions (like the extra functionality provided for JD Edwards management, or SOA management etc).

So I've just downloaded the 64 bit agent software (only just been released) am an trying to get this on my installation.  Downloaded, no problems - but when trying to apply, I get failed.

Specifically, I get

Exception: OperationFailedException: Below host metric patches are not applied to OMS.[13242773, 13707704]

So, I can go to oracle support and find the following patches:

 13707704 TRK BUG FOR TOP-LEVEL PATCH - PLATFORM OMS HOME - BP1 PORTS BUCKET 1 12.1.0.1.1 Generic Platform (American English) Other Recommendations Enterprise Manager Base Platform Apr 29, 2012 1.5 MB
 13242773 ENTERPRISE MANAGER BASE PLATFORM  - OMS    12.1.0.1.0 BP1 12.1.0.1.0 Linux x86 (American English) Other Recommendations Enterprise Manager Base Platform Mar 10, 2012 687.3 MB

Okay, all good.  Surely there is some self update functionality to apply the patches...  Surely there is a button to press?

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24628_01/doc.121/e35229/toc.htm

Hmm, seems like they want me to re install!!!

Using Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12.1.0.1 release in a non-production test or sandbox environmentYou should analyze how much configuration setup you have done in Enterprise Manager and the number of Management Agents you have deployed. Based on this analysis, you should uninstall the existing Cloud Control and do a fresh installation if this is feasible
This also means that you have to reinstall all your existing Management Agents. This is the simplest way to get to the benefits and features of the latest patched Cloud Control release, which includes BP1 and the latest plug-in releases.
The Enterprise Manager uninstall instructions are available at the following location:
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24628_01/install.121/e24089/part_deinstall_em.htm#sthref642
You can get the updated Enterprise Manager binaries with BP1 from the following location:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/oem/enterprise-manager/downloads/index.html?origref=http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/index.html
Right, I'll continue this once I've install BP1...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have your fixed your issue yet? I'm getting the same error when trying to deploy an agent to a windows server. My Grid server is linux.

Thanks for any updates