Wednesday 31 January 2018

Sharing orchestrations

I’ve been developing some orchestrations and am having a great time, no honestly.  There is so much power and so much productivity that you can implement using orchestration.  Notifications and subscriptions (although a little clunky) are also very cool.  I’ll do a bunch of blogging in this area, as it’s very cool.

But, let’s focus on a little issue I have.

I’ve been testing JD Edwards transaction processing (TP), locking and reservations using HTML, AIS and orchestration.  This involves different users and often different users trying to run the same code.

I WAS logging into the orchestrator and exporting my zip files and then importing with another user.  This is nice and easy, but not the correct way of doing things.

When calling with the alternate user, I get

{   "message" : "Endpoint not defined: POandVoucherCombo. Add the orchestration, or make sure it is shared to this user.",   "exception" : "java.lang.Exception",   "timeStamp" : "2018-01-31:02.28.59"
}

Method 1: save and restore:

image

Login to orchestration studio as user that created the orchestration.

edit the orchestration

Choose the export button, then ALL (this will include the rules and service requests and everything).

Import

image

Find the tools exit and choose import


image

Easy, choose the zip file that you created and you are away


image

Note they exist for me.  If they did not – just tick the box and choose submit!

Method 2: Fix security – share the UDO

run P98220U

image

You’ll see orchestrations of various status

The orchestration that I’m dealing with is below, note that I’ve already selected the publish button.  My only options now are to reserve it so that I can publish it again.

image

Note that if I select reserve

image

The P9822OU changes immediately to editing

image

Let’s hit the request

image

image

And now it’s pending in JDE

image


How cool, the comments are in the MO – love it!

image

Lets share this awesome orchestration

image

Easy!!! – shared with public!

image

Unless you have it reserved, you cannot use it in the client:

image

So, you need specific security for the UDO to be able to run and see the shared orchestration

From P98220U

image

Now choose the “Revise View Security” tab

image

Enter the user names to share to and click SAVE (unlike me)

image

And now!

image


{   "message" : "ServiceRequest P0411OpenAndUpdateLedger.xml := java.io.IOException: P0411OpenAndUpdateLedger Not Found.  Check permissions of the UDO.",   "exception" : "java.lang.Exception",   "timeStamp" : "2018-01-31:03.04.48"
}

Okay, at least I get a different error now, this is a service request security problem, not orchestration problem.  I can fix that with all of the above mechanisms.

1 comment:

Security Orchestration said...

Security orchestration involves interweaving people, processes, and technology in the most effective manner to strengthen the security posture of an organization.