Wednesday 29 March 2017

Use case for ERP analytics #101–tracking down inappropriate activity

A client was reporting to me that there were some orders being placed in production from one of the testing users.  They asked me if I could tack down where this was coming from.  Traditional answer – No – I have no idea. 

This client is luck enough to have ERP analytics installed at their site.  I was able to drill a little deeper.

The first thing I did is create a custom report for tracking down user data:

image

You can see from the above that I have region, city, network domain and more for this session.

The first tab I start with

image

Find user.

So now I can look for the user, I could drill down on environment too, which means that I only get prod data

Step 1 – find my user

image

Step 2 look at environments

image

Step 3, click on PD920

image

Now I see what has been going on!

I choose my language and region tab and I get the city and region information from the client

image

Bosch, I have loads of information about the perp – give this to the client to see what is going on!

I can create another tab to see what applications they were using

image

Crime solved – what’s next ERP analytics?

No comments: