Wednesday 13 July 2016

got a new deployment server, getting this when trying to install an ESU?

 

image

Basically the executable for the ESU installer is telling me porkies.  So when I look closer, I see that the ESU history has not been moved into the registry of the replacement deployment server.

Okay, this is going to be easy, I need to get a export of the following registry key from the old machine:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\JDEdwards

lucky me found one, we must have thought of this previously.

So, from there, verify the contents.  You might need to change some paths in the .reg file.  Edit the file in notepad:

image

See above, using H:\\ blah for the install location, I need to change all of these to the new location on my new server.

image

Please take a backup (of the reg) before you do this if you are reading this…

then double click your modified .reg file, which will ensure that the ESU registry history is back!

image

Then, when you run the installer, you get a message about a successful install!

No comments: