Thursday 5 May 2016

AWS architect course

I’ve been doing more and more with AWS and I’ll begin to blog more and more about this, it really must be the future of compute, and the ERP workload is perfect for it.  Designing JD Edwards in this elastic environment is something that I’m going to complete over the next 6 months.  I plan on have AMI’s (containers, VPC’s, ELBs, EC2, S3, AZ’s) that will deliver a completely elastic environment for JD Edwards.  I plan to spin up batch and interactive capacity on demand and also contract when required.  This is going to create a cost effective method for JD Edwards.  Remember!  Friends don’t let friends by hardware anymore (unless there is a screen attached to the purchase).

This is more of a interest post, where AWS training is excellent.  They give you credentials and you’re able to spin up EC2 instances using your training account.  You’ll see that I was supposed to create a micro instance, but I decided to create a monster and see if the alarm bells went off.

i2.8xlarge, this is 32 cores and 256GB of memory.  not 1 core and 1GB memory.

I then decided to download and install stress, via yum and then run a 1 hour stress test of the 32 cores, using the command below:

stress --cpu 32 --timeout 6099

image

As you can see from above, the machine is cooking. 

But, can you believe how simple this was.  I stood up a 32 way machine, installed software (via my internet gateway) and loaded it up with my choice of workload in 5 minutes or less.  This is the entire procurement process in 5 minutes – plus it’s all on the training account budget.

I do hope this workload is fairly anonymous…

2 comments:

hima bindu said...

Good Blog

Thanks For Sharing

aws training in viayawada

likitha said...

Nice post,and good information Thanks for sharing
further check it once at AWS Online Training