Thursday 10 April 2014

startup.properties and customising timeout and much more

What I found is that when I use nmstart, the values that I put into web.xml are not being picked up. 

background:

So, in web.xml I have added:

<session-config>

<session-timeout>60</session-timeout>

</session-config>

This is great, timeout working when I start from either weblogic console or E1!  Wow, things are working so nicely.  But people are telling me (replace t with Y yelling)

So, what is needed

D:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\domains\E1_Apps\servers\JWB01P_PDCMSAU_94\data\nodemanager

#Server startup properties

#Fri Apr 04 16:30:07 EST 2014

Arguments=-XX\:MaxPermSize\=256m -Djavax.xml.rpc.ServiceFactory\=oracle.j2ee.ws.client.ServiceFactoryImpl -Xms32m -Xmx1536m

SSLArguments=-Dweblogic.security.SSL.ignoreHostnameVerification\=false -Dweblogic.ReverseDNSAllowed\=false

RestartMax=2

RestartDelaySeconds=0

RestartInterval=3600

ClassPath=D\:\\Oracle\\Middleware\\wlserver_10.3\\server\\lib\\weblogic.jar;D\:\\jde_home\\SCFHA\\targets\\JWB01P_WLS\\config\\jdbc\\E1_Apps\\JWB01P_PDCMSAU_94\\jt400.jar

AdminURL=http\://10.38.16.10\:7001

AutoRestart=true

AutoKillIfFailed=false

weblogic.httpd.session.timeoutSecs=3600

So now, when nmstart is being used, my new timeout and new JVM sizes are being used.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Shannon,

Love your blog, as it helps me with my CNC work.

Can you tell me what you or the users were seeing that caused you to add this line to the startup.properties?

Thanks,
Vernon