Wednesday 10 June 2009

WAS6 web server for non default profile

Okay, so now I have a real problem.

Server Manager makes a lot of things easy, but makes a lot of things hard at the same time.  It takes away that level of control that you sometimes need.

For example, I use the transaction server for RTEs out of E1.  Previously I created an additional profile (non federated) for my RTE functionality.  This was my preference to keep it all separate.  It all worked well back in 8.96.2.0…  But I try to use SM for the install in 8.98.1.1 and it was a webserver!!  What, I don’t need a webserver…

So now I have to follow complicated instructions here http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wasinfo/v6r0/index.jsp for creating a web server for a non default profile, or maybe just create the RTE in the default profile (which I think that I will do).

No comments: