Tuesday 17 April 2018

Install WLS 12.2.1.3 on Linux

get a xterm or vnc session to the machine

image

y

image

next next next..

image

takes about 1 minute

image

Take note of where the logs are for later

Ensure that you launch the config assistant

image

and rename it to what you want – this might be helpful in SM

Note that I like e1apps and then release

image

Next

image

I keep username default

dev mode, because I love boot.properties

image

choose all 3 because you need a machine

image

I’m already using 7001 and 2 so..

image

Node manager per domain

image

Leave clusters, but add a machine

image

Assign servers to machine

image

3 seconds later, done

image


/app/wls_12.2.1.3/user_projects/domains/e1apps_12.2.1.3/startWebLogic.sh


image

job done

image

register with SM

image

Then choose 12c

image

Then enter the details of your install

image

don’t use any ‘.’s in the name

image

create instance!

image

interestingly I’m getting this in the console logs

image

Looks like the weblogic password is not being saved in SM properly

click on your domain name in SM, then add a server

image

Note that this password problem seems to the the cause of all my issues at the moment, as SM cannot talk to the admin server because the password is not saving.

This problem was silly me!!  The username was saved in the console as “weblogic “ there was a space at the end of the username, therefore when I saved the password it’d error out each time with a red error.  Eventually the system would lock out WLS.

I had to have the username as weblogic no space and use the save button (as below)

image

And then restart AdminServer at the command line, then save the password in SM – and it finally took!

I was then able to create my additional server easily

image

And now install JAS 9.2.2.4 to it

image

Note that I have a 9201 running, so I’m going to take that down to avoid locking.

image

Create

image

it seems that you can create without a node manager.

But you cannot start or synchronize the content without a nodeManager

Now my JDE works, I do not get the stuck thread issues that I was with 12.2.1.2

No comments: