Friday 17 November 2017

Movember just went high tech!

I'm doing movember again this year - men's health is a great cause and I like to do my thing.  I think that the movember movement is slowing down in Australia.

I made my movember a little more innovative than most - surprise!

I decided to firstly create a QRCode, so that people could easily donate:

That was simple, my donation URL is https://au.movember.com/donate/details?memberId=316906 So I converted that with http://www.qr-code-generator.com/

 Cool, so now people can scan and donate, that was easy!

Add some rhyme, and I'm away.

The next part is cooler, I own some estimote beacons, so why don't I program them to show my donation page. I need to go to bitly.com to generate a short URL, as I can only save 17 bytes, but that is easy.

This is the beacon I've put outside my office.  I now get out my android phone and we have a donation site being pushed out to anyone listening to the physical web.  Fingers crossed that my technology is going to get some donations.



The above is a screen shot from my phone showing the two beacons that I have projecting web sites.

Beacons are really cool (IoT) devices, we are implementing them at a number of clients and integrating them into JDE.

1 comment:

Tejuteju said...

Nice post ! Thanks for sharing valuable information with us. Keep sharing..Data Science Online Training Bangalore