Wednesday 16 November 2016

openscript and OTM–automated regression testing of JD Edwards using openscript and OTM

Wow, this has been a real struggle.  I have a team writing awesome test scripts with openscript.  They work every time…  Awesome!

My job is to whack these into OTM, but gosh (best swear word I have at this stage), this is difficult.

The scripts are bombing all over the place, they are bombing on fast path, they are bombing on finding controls – FAR OUT!

So, my scripts work every time in openscript (once repositories are created [they are a terrible concept too btw])

Fail everytime in OTM.

image

image

See above for details.

I’ve done lots of things to try and fix this, which includes writing java code and also reverse engineering the EOneUtility files (which are AWESOME!).

Nothing has worked, then I stumble on:

https://support.oracle.com/epmos/faces/DocContentDisplay?_afrLoop=326776020417876&id=984133.1&_afrWindowMode=0&_adf.ctrl-state=165att5g2v_233

This is pretty good – not relevant to JDE – but I can draw analogies with the content.

Also the instruction does not work, but I have one that does.

So, what you need to do is stop the service

image

And now start is as the user that you want, I’ve done this from a command window that is run as admin

image

c:\OracleATS\agentmanager\bin>agentmanager.cmd

Now, run a test through OTM – and POW – it actually starts windows and works.

This is quite a relief, as I thought I was going to need jenkins to start running all of the openscript tasks (note that this is totally possible), as per https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E25294_01/doc.920/e15488/opscrpt_cmd_line.htm

No comments: