Tuesday 16 April 2013

Sign In Error: No environment assigned for User/Role

This old chestnut.  It's a ripper.  You can log into a thick client, but you cannot lot into the web client.

Frustrating isn't it.

Generally I get this after an upgrade, find the same fix every time and never document it.  So I'm going to document it.

I've checked the user, it has roles and no environments.
I've checked each of the roles and they are able to login to the environment that I'm trying to log into.
So easy ones done, keep looking...

First thing is to enable logging and see what tables the session is querying.  

And the winner is...  F00926 missing records.

Now, it's got a funny name, Anonymous User Access Table, but I see it as the role sequencing table.

After these have been populated properly, we are away.


No comments: