Friday 26 April 2013

SM cannot distribute software to agents

I had a funny problem, I go to distribute software to my SM agents and no agents would come up in the list.  I was distributing DAD for the first time, so there were a bunch of problems running through my mind.  

I restarted the SM console, tried looking at other software types nothing.  I did a quick KG search and found something along the lines of:


Cause
 Fully Qualified Domain Name was not correct for the SVM URL
Solution
Please follow these steps to identify and solve the distribution issue:
Open the readme.txt file in the root of the SM Console install dir (Ex: C:\jde_home\SCFMC\readme.txt

The SM Console URL in the file with the fully qualified hostname of the SM Console machine for example:
http://.:8999/manage  
Try accessing the URL to verify if it is working.

  
How cools is that?  Then I notice that I'm on the deployment server and I'm using http://localhost:8999/manage. As soon as I went to the correct URL - my problems went away.


No comments: