Monday 24 October 2011

"-XXcallProfiling -XXaggressive:opt" performance and JRockit and E1

The white (red) paper tells you to do it, better performance, less CPU utilisation on the web server.

What they don’t tell you is that if you view an RD job after you’ve set this setting, the JVM will go crazy and die.  So, do not change this setting if you are using BIP for EnterpriseOne. 

One a side note, when I changed this setting on my installation – it would not let me regress it.  I kept getting errors in the weblogic console when I removed those options from the JVM start options.  I then when and found that the file these are written to is called “config.xml” and can be found in ../domains/html_domain/config dir.   I’m guessing that you can edit this file (I’m not going to just yet) and restart your JVM’s and the settings should go away.

I’ll repost if this does not work.  I will be taking a backup of the file before I attempt this – that is for sure!

No comments: