Friday 26 March 2010

Can’t delete a oc4j instance from 10.1.3.4 OAS

I had a situation where I tried to delete an oc4j instance from SM and from Oracle enterprise manager.  I tried all methods, but it would not go.  I then used the removeinstance command “./removeinstance -instanceName TRN812” which also did not really work…  But then I tried to create an instance with the createInstance command, and that DID work in creating a new instance and also deleting the corrupt one! 

I then was able to delete the new one I created and everything was peachy. 

OEM and JDE kept giving me an error like:

“Error reloading opmn server: java.io.IOException: /u01/product/10.1.3.1/OracleAS_1/opmn/bin//opmnctl: cannot execute”

So, some problem with the double slash.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, my name is Lucas and I am having the same problem.
You could find a solution to this problem?

Thank you.