Friday 20 November 2009

Collaborative portal for authentication

I need to support long usernames for a 8.98.1.1 site via MAD LDAP.  I’m thinking that I can get the collaborative portal to do the full length username authentication, and then map a field in the LDAP to be the E1user id.  This will then be passed into the authentication token.  Job done.  I know that a portal install is not going to be the most efficient mechanism for this, but it might just be okay.

Should I look into GSSAPI?  Can it do username translations?

Alternatively you can choose to enable Single Sign-On and NOT configure LDAP to work with the JDE security kernel. This is key and is the point I have been trying to make. You can do this and enable GSS-API to work with Microsoft's Kerberos implementation (turn on Integrated Windows Authentication in the Internet Explorer browser) and experience SharePoint like Single Sign-On with JDE. I do this for my employer and wouldn't have it any other way for them. Others may choose another method and I wouldn't have any problem with that.

from http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=140716&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&vc=1

Anyway, watch this space. A solution will be on it’s way.

No comments: