Thursday 2 May 2013

installing E910 on a client that had E900 1.0.0.0.5

This is a quick one.  I had an old E900 fat client that I wanted to upgrade to E910.

I was getting an "Error"
"An error occurred during the interview [sic] for this component:  EnterprsieOne Development Client 1.0.0.0.5.  A previous installation of an E1 client exists..."

But, I did use "Add remove programs" to get rid of the old one until it just died.   I then did shift-delete on the dir and renamed and restarted it.

I looked in th registry and could not find JDEdwards anywhere.

Then, I learnt that I had to check the Wow6432Node under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE for all of the 32 bit software...  It is here that I found the JDEdwards branch in the registry.

I deleted the JDEdwards part of the path below, and all of the sub folders in the registry.  I'm guessing that If you've read to hear you are going to be technical enough to be able to delete the right parts of your registry safely.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ Wow6432Node\JDEdwards

Note also that I've left the existing e1local, I considered getting rid of it - but I'm going for the "path of least resistance" installation.

And viola! Everything work first time once I found the registry key to delete.


4 comments:

cncjay said...

Thank you for this information. It was very helpful in reinstalling the JDE fat client installation that got corrupted, trying to reinstall was rendering the exact message that you posted. Your recommended fix allowed me to get beyond the error seen and reinstall the development code.

Cheers,
cncjay

abhi said...

Thanks dear. It resolve my issue

Unknown said...

Many thanks for this post. I was trying to reinstall 9.2 demo after manual deinstall of previous attempt and i was stuck at this error for like a month. Deleting this registry fixed this issue and JDE is working fine now.

Chris said...

You are an absolute legend, thanks so much for posting this!
Had this issue upgrading a E910 fat client to E920.