Thursday 13 December 2012

OneWorld client install DEV client THICK client FAT client

Lots of things with E1 have got easier.  SM makes tools releases easier.  We makes client deploys easier.  9.1 makes viewing graphs easier (OVR).  Why is the fat client SO difficult!!

See the following link for trooublshooting the fat client / dev client install issues

https://support.oracle.com/epmos/faces/ui/km/DocumentDisplay.jspx?_afrLoop=362486124486969&id=1085806.1&_afrWindowMode=0&_adf.ctrl-state=ywdtqyeuj_244

Then also check the guides
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24902_01/doc.91/e18843/toc.htm

I'm currently having a problem that I cannot select any packages because of "invalid package".  This is true for all of the packages that I built and the ones that I did not.  It's frustrating with all of the different 

When installing the oracle database piece, I get the following:
"The command failed with error 1."

So, I then found a 9MB file in c:\program files\oracle\inventory\logs\cloneActions..

This said "service already exists...", Arrgghh that's right.  I cleaned up the reg and all files, did not delete the services from the previously aborted install.  Remember to run regedt32 to get rid of the correct 32 bit settings.

sc delete < SERVICE name>
sc delete oracleE1LocalClrAgent
sc delete oraclemtsrecoveryservice


I again delete c:\oracle (not default location without giving you an obvious choice (you can edit settings.ini on the deployment server (under oneworld client install\thirdparty\oracle) and change the default DIR...

Delete registry settings

delete c:\oracle; c:\program files\oracle; c:\program files x86\oracle

restart

try install again, this is using the \\oneworld client install\installManager.exe, as this is the one that installs the DB component.

Steps required

  1. Running Install Manager
  2. Installing a local database
  3. Installing a local database client
  4. Installing the Development Client (this uses the Oracle Universal Installer (OUI)).
  5. Troubleshooting any installation errors.

    Running the Development Client.

So, it's finally working - but... I get
INFO: Command = oracle.sysman.ccr.configCCR.CloneCCRPlugIn 
Command = oracle.sysman.ccr.configCCR.CloneCCRPlugIn has failed  
Configuration assistant "Oracle Configuration Manager Clone" failed 
This is sooo Frustrating.

Find https://support.oracle.com/epmos/faces/DocContentDisplay?_afrLoop=375569752832977&id=1439675.1&_afrWindowMode=0&_adf.ctrl-state=75s8l64k0_34 which tells me that I need the 32 bit client installed first.  Oh man...  I thought that this was for the deployment server only.

Right, follow the delete instructions once again and then install the 32 bit client and then 64bit OEE, CNC is such a joy sometimes.  I did skim read the instructions listed above and I did NOT see this jump out at me...

Okay, all of that is done and we have one more hurdle.  The install logs started to complain that there was no sbf.CAB file to be found (I must have selected to build BSSV - and have done no config).  I removed this from the DV910FC.inf file in the package_inf folder, and BOSH...  install begins.



No comments: