Wednesday 25 August 2010

Error updating smc on deployment server

Of course, it does not have to be the deployment server, you could have smc anywhere – but it does make sense.

I was trying to upgrade 8.98.2.3 to 8.98.3.2 and kept getting nothing!  Just a screen flash.

Looked though the e1agent_0.log – never use notepad, get something that interprets carriage returns and NL chars and does not require exclusive access (come on microsoft, your combination of notepad and wordpad is a JOKE!!!).  You might see what I did, “Illegal command –file”

A quick KG search of that exact statement told me to run the manual command:

c:\jde_home\targets\_staging\redeployManagementConsole.cmd <adminPasswordForSM>

Remember that the smc must be up and running for this to work, which was not clear in the oracle doco.

I’m now on the new release and continue my adventures.

No comments: