Friday 27 February 2009

8.98 java generation

Generally I configure java servers (win32) to be java generators too. It's an inexpensive and quick way of getting the job done. 898 was a little tougher to get working. Generally I use the gen.bat file in the webclient.war file and things work, not as of 8.98.0.4. I tried a bunch of times and just got JVM crashes.

I had to install a fat client with the web dev feature. Note that I also had to delete the existing JAS dir, as it was not getting replaced by the 8.98 installation. I finally got the ptf.log file up to 8.98.0.4 in my c:\E812\JAS dir - woo hoo.

I copied this (JAS dir) to my generation machine. Note that you cannot install the webdevFeature on your generation machine, as it has proper webSphere, not express. I put the jdbc drivers in the C:\E812\MISC dir (why??). I changed the reference from the 11G jdbc class file name to the classes12.jar in the gen.bat. Why do they ship that??? WTF!

Fixed up the logging settings, and was able to log in and generate... BUT at what speed.... 10 rows a minute.... AAARRRGGGGHHHH

Having the generate work is one thing, having it work fast is totally different.

my jdbj needed some changes:

parrallelAppGens=10 was in
https://remote.orlando-wyndham.com/dana-na/auth/url_1/welcome.cgi

No comments: