Friday 29 July 2016

How fast is a JDE full package in AWS cloud.

The amazing thing about cloud is that you should get the same performance as me if we choose the same specification on disk, database and EC2 – as everything is more of a commodity than ever.

I have  a deployment server, M4 large

RDS oracle database, m3.2xlarge – no dedicated IOPS

Full  client starts 15:00

Client finishes 16:07!!!  1 hour and 7 minutes

Server is linux, m3.xlarge

Server starts 16:08

finished 17:17 – 1 hour and 9 minutes.

So…  I have a full package build completed, enterprise server and client in 2 hours and 16 minutes.  Try and tell me what bottlenecks I have in AWS and what is letting me down – I’ll tell you – NOTHING!

2 comments:

Glen said...

Tried the build on a system running on an ODA. The server build completed 1hr 56 Mins and the client in 44 mins. Pretty close to the timing on AWS. I feel the new package build process is able to exploit the potential on the newer platforms.

Shannon Moir said...

Glen, is that a virtualized ODA? Where is your deployment server? I've had terrible problems with performance and ODA's for windows guests and guest I/O. 22 hour package builds!